SCRANTON, Pa. — Sister Linda Anne Greenberg, IHM, (formerly known as Sister M. St. Isidore) of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary died Saturday, November 28, 2015, at the IHM Center in Scranton, PA.
She was born on August 25, 1939, in New Haven, Conn. She was the daughter of the late Isadore and Theresa Anderson Greenberg. She entered the IHM Congregation on September 8, 1959 and made her temporary profession of vows on June 27, 1962 and her final profession of vows on June 27, 1967.
Sister Linda Anne served as a teacher in many schools and also served as director of religious education at St. Mary’s Parish in Clinton, Md., from 1984 to 1988; field representative at the Archdiocesan Office for Religious Education in Washington, D.C., from 1988 to 1990; director of religious education at St. Peter Parish in Olney, Md., from 1990 to 1993; pastoral associate at St. Margaret Mary Parish in Parkersburg, W.Va., from 1993 to 1995; program director at Our Lady of Peace Spiritual Life Center in Narragansett, R.I., from 1995 to 1996; director of religious education at Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha Parish in Plymouth, Mass., from 1996 to 1999; pastoral associate at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Whitehouse Station, N.J., from 2000 to 2004; liturgical musician at Benedictine Monastery in Ridgely, Md., in 2004.
From 2005 until the time of her death Sister Linda Anne was the chaplain for LIFE Geisinger at Our Lady of Peace Residence in Scranton, Pa.
She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in music, and a Master of Science degree in religious studies from Marywood College; and a Master of Science degree in elementary education from St. John’s University.
She is preceded in death by her step-mother, Mildred Greenberg. She is survived by a brother, David, and sister-in-law, Barbara, of Plymouth, Mass.; nieces and nephews; and the members of the IHM Congregation.
The funeral was celebrated on Wednesday, Dec. 2, at 11:00 a.m. with Mass of Christian Burial at the IHM Center in Scranton. Interment followed the Mass at St. Catherine’s Cemetery in Moscow, Pa.