DUBLIN, Ireland—St. Joseph of Cluny Sister Immaculata Murphy, died Aug. 5 at Mount Sackville Convent.
Born in Dublin, she was the daughter of the late John and Mary Jane (Moore) Murphy.
Sister Murphy entered the Cluny Sisters on September 8, 1940 and professed her first vows on September 8, 1942. Five years later, she was missioned to St. Joseph’s House, Philadelphia, Pa., where she served for 29 years. After serving three years at St. Margaret in Providence, she was transferred to the Cathedral Rectory in Providence where she ministered to the bishops and priests of the diocese for 27 years. In 2006, Sister Murphy returned to Ireland.
She is survived by her brother Seán, and several nieces and nephews. A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated Aug. 8 in Mount Sackville Chapel. Burial was in the convent cemetery.